- Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne :Master 2 droit des affaires et de l’économie
- Paris II Panthéon-Assas :Institut de droit des affaires
- University of New South Wales (Australie) :International Legal English Certificate
Geoffroy Canivet advises and acts for clients in cases requiring expertise in contract law or the law of groups (companies, non-profits, foundations). The business sectors in which he works require him to be flexible and agile, which is essential to offer his clients a solution tailored to their expectations, often in emergency situations.
After starting out at DARROIS VILLEY MAILLOT BROCHIER, and working at BG2V, in 2012 he founded the entity that developed into 186 | AVOCATS.
For two years, he was part of the "emergency defence" teams - for court-appointed lawyers - before the criminal divisions of the Paris Court of Appeal. Today, he works in telecommunications, new real estate asset classes or new technologies (including health), as well as in sports, entertainment, cinema and leisure or the defence of land.
Leading the development of 186's activities, he manages the firm's operations and its brand, developing it with drivers of growth inspired by strong initiatives taken by the teams, which include: sport, business formalities, art, nature, partners or the life of the firm.
He was advisor to the Presidents of the Bar, Frédéric Sicard (2016-2017) and Basile Ader (2018-2019), and a member of the scientific council of the Convention Nationale des Avocats (2017 – 2020). He founded and ran the Sports Department at the Paris Bar (SPAB), federating all the sports initiatives and organisations of the Paris Court of Appeal (lawyers, magistrates and court staff).
Being a sports-agent lawyer, he founded the 186 | SPORT agency alongside his legal work, in order to provide a management offer for new sports projects in tennis, women's football and triathlon.
He teaches at theEcole des avocats du Grand-Ouest (EDAGO), at the University of Lille (Master 2 in sports law), at the Ecole des Agents de Joueurs de Football (EAJF) and at the Beer Fabrique.
- President of SASIS SPORT (society for the support of sports initiatives)
- Sports agent lawyer registered with the law society at the Paris Court of Appeal
- Artist and author agent registered with the law society at the Paris Court of Appeal
- Member of the steering committee of the Fédération Française du Sport en entreprise (FFSE)
- Administrator of the Open Blot de Rennes (professional tennis tournament, ATP Challenger category)
- Guest member of the Board of Directors of GPSO ISSY 92
- Member of the Paris Bar Association Sports Law Commission
- Member of the Association des Avocats Mandataires Sportifs (ADAMS)